Followers

Friday, April 1, 2016

PCC 138

Hi Everyone!

I hope you had a great Easter. It was busy for me. We picked up my daughter from school on Saturday....a 200 mile round trip. Because she had to be back kinda early on Sunday we had a very early dinner. More of a brunch. Then another 200 mile round trip to take her back. And I was sick....flu, bronchitis? Who knows. I'm still not back to normal yet. Which is why I made a simple card this week. 
First up is the inspiration from Papercrafters Corner


Isn't this a cool image?
And here's my card


I used the pastel colors on kraft to create the background. I didn't even have to cut the squares. I had them in my stash from and old QVC kit. I have lots of little squares in solids and prints that I really need to use. Anyway...the butterfly is from the Unity January '14 kit of the month. The Happy Birthday comes from an old Making Memories magnetic stamp set. It's been a while since I even looked at that set. 
I think that's one reason I keep doing these challenges (besides the fact that they're fun) I keep finding myself using supplies that have been sitting unused and unloved. 
While I still had the squares out I decided to make another card. I used Spellbinder dies to cut out the thanks from some of the squares.

I can tell I'm not fully well because when I glued the letters down I didn't notice I put them on upside down. OOPS! I cut off the card front and added it to another base. This time being careful about the direction. :)

Well, I hope you all have an awesome week. Hopefully I'll be back to better health soon. 

3 comments:

  1. cute cards! love the stamped butterfly but really love the pps on the thanks card! hope you are feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling cards! Love that butterfly (love Unity!) and love all those pretty papers on your 2nd card. That nasty bug has been going around (my boss' wife had it for 5 weeks!) and I sure hope you're back to normal very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, love the layered pattern you did!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!