Followers

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

U.S.A.

I had so much fun making the mini love canvas that I decided to make another one. Since we just had the elections and Veteran's Day I wanted to make a patriotic mini. 

I first primed the canvas with gesso.
 I then added the blueberry gelato all around the sides of the canvas and spread the color with a wet paintbrush.
 I did the stripes on the top the same way using the red cherry gelato. As you can see it doesn't take much of the gelatos to get a lot of color.  When the gelatos dried it was time to embellish.
For the USA I textured the chipboard letters by tapping on the gesso. They were then colored using the gelatos and put on with foam squares. The Mrs. Grossman flag stickers and ribbon I found in my "collection". I punched out some tiny stars from paper that I ran through my Xyron to add around the sides.
Here is the finished canvas. Since I have two more canvases what should I do next? Maybe St. Patrick's Day since I have the green set of Gelatos. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by!