Followers

Friday, September 21, 2012

Halloween house

I like decorating the $1.00 birdhouses that Michael's and JoAnn's sell. I have quite a few of them. Here is my most recent one. I made it for the Unity challenge to use banners or pennants and the Crafty Steals third Thursday challenge to 1) use at least one of the colors; black, purple, orange and 2) use buttons, brads, or eyelets.
I started out by painting the house purple and orange. Since the purple showed pink on the edges I added black ink on all the edges. There's Making Memories green fiber around the top, under the roof, and at the base. I stamped the banner using Unity's Life Documented Banner set. The bow is also Making Memories. The bottom is wrapped in black tulle. I added orange and green Making Memories snaps (they look like a brad but set like an eyelet) to finish it off.
Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by!