Followers

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

cards

Outside there is 20" of snow. Today they are forecasting about 6"-10" more. No newspaper, no mail, no school for the kids....only SNOW! Since I am snowed in I decided to make some cards. They were all made using scraps from my never ending pile. I even started figuring out how to use my Cricut!
The front card is DCWV paper and a See-D's birthday stamp. The card on the left is Provo Crafts paper, embossed happy birthday stamp, & a Prima flower. The card on the left has swirl vellum and a flower from Prima.
I can't remember who made the papers. The rose was downloaded from Microsoft (I think) and colored with Copics. The Hi card is Provo Craft(blue) and HOTP(blue/purple). I used Making Memories Clears flowers and Simply Stated rub-ons.
These were made using the Cricut. The pink one has a rub-on from Royal& Langnickel layered on a scalloped circle. The birthday card is Provo Craft paper and a flower technique I saw on a lot of blogs. It's 3 cuts of the same flower that are layered then scrunched around the brad. Once they are flattened back out this is how it looks. The flower layers can be the the same size or different and they can be punched or torn.
I've been wanting to try this weaving technique for a long time & finally decided to do it. The paper is probably DCWV edged with brown ink and the flower is Prima. The second card is another take on the petal card above. These flowers are so easy to make! In case you're wondering...I tend to wait until I need the card before adding the sentiment because I might use it for a birthday, thank you, hello.....
I think I'm going to make some things from the Cosmo Cricket kit today.
Thanks for looking! :)

3 comments:

  1. Wow you have been busy , I am so impressed.
    I have been snowed in also but didn't do any crafting.
    Oh I can't wait to see the cosmo cricket, love their stuff.
    I am also trying to learn about using my cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You've been really productive! Nothing like a snow day to create!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by!